About Us: Rules for Using the Herbarium Collection
1. Plant taxonomists, professional botanists and other accredited research workers will be able to make use of the Herbarium reference and specimen collections with prior arrangement with the Herbarium staff.
2. Other visitors including students of tertiary institutions, school teachers, and workers from other related organizations, will be given access to the reference library. They may use the Herbarium specimens only with prior arrangement and with the supervision of Herbarium staff. A letter from their organization summarizing the background of the project and purpose of using the herbarium specimens should be produced.
3. Photography of herbarium specimens could be made only by appointment and prior permission from the Director of Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation should be sought.
4. Herbarium specimens must be handled with great care. The Herbarium staff reserve the right to deny any access to herbarium specimens to those who do not properly handle the herbarium specimens.
5. Herbarium specimens must be kept inside the specimen room.
6. Plant specimens must be treated before they are brought into the Herbarium specimen room.